Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Interesting Infographic: Map of New York's Hip-Hop Scene

Shoutout to Fast Co Design for this infographic. I like where they are going with this, but it is pretty incomplete. When you talk about Hip-Hop, you can't just say Rap or the DJ. You have to mention the embodiment! I don't see anything correlating to any graffiti or b-boy crews. In fact, the graff writers and the b-boy crews were the most influential because no one was really getting the DJs or the emcees just yet. They understood art and writing and dancing. Well, if you want to know about B-Boying and B-Boy crews, you can check out my hub (that's still in the works) called "The Art of B-boying" To get a good idea of what I'm talking about where all of the elements are represented in one, I'll post a good video. A classic video. KRS-One - Step Into a World, Rappers Delight: The Remake, and of course - the classic Lords of the Underground track - Chief Rocka! Enjoy! Hip-Hop all day! Man, I'll even throw in the Puffy Remix to Step Into a World! LOL. Hey, it's still dope! Here are some classic albums NY albums you can purchase:

No comments:

Post a Comment