Sunday, February 7, 2010

R.I.P. J-Dilla

Not too much to say other than the fact that this cat put it down in the game. Talented producer and emcee. He could do the mainstream shit, the r & b shit, and the underground shit for ease. He produced for everyone including Mos Def, Common, Talib Kweli, Slum Village, and Janet Jackson to name a few. He was a very knowledgeable cat when it came to his music. In my humble opinion, I consider him the Tupac of producing just for the simple fact that this cat has beats for years and years that we may or may not know about. He deserves every single accolade he's gotten and anymore that he will get posthumously. I'll post a few of my fav Jay Dee joints later, but here is an interview from Common. You can tell they were good friends.



Don't worry a Big Pun post is coming later, haha.


No comments:

Post a Comment